Rewards Terms & Conditions
Marina Square Rewards Terms & Conditions
Marina Square Rewards (the “Programme”) is a loyalty programme implemented by Marina Centre Holdings Pte Ltd (“MCH”) under which members of the Programme may earn loyalty points (“SQUARES”) and redeem rewards at Marina Square (the “Mall”). The Programme is only available to persons who have downloaded the Marina Square mobile application (the “App”) and created an account (“Members”).
- MEMBERSHIP & ELIGIBILITY
- All applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of application for Membership with the Programme.
- The Membership is open to Singaporean Citizens and Singaporean Permanent Residents only.
- In order to be eligible for Membership, applicants must verify their local mobile number by means of a one-time password (“OTP”) sent to their mobile phone.
- The applicant may apply for Membership via the following ways: i) Marina Square app and ii) Marina Square website
- Each Member will be issued with a Membership account which is unique and non-transferrable.
- At the point of registration, the applicant must provide the following information: i) name, ii) email address, iii) Singapore mobile number.
- Members can choose to opt-in for communications from MCH via email and/or SMS.
- Members may indicate their preferred interest categories via their profile page.
- Members enjoy a lifetime Membership for the Programme. However, MCH reserves the right to set a fixed Membership period or expiry period for the Membership at any time. MCH reserves the right to cancel or amend the Programme or any membership account, as it sees fit.
- EARNING SQUARES
- Members may earn SQUARES by using the App to capture and submit images of receipts within 24 hours of qualifying purchases from any participating Marina Square store.
- Only original POS system-generated receipts from participating Marina Square stores will be accepted.
- No SQUARES will be credited in respect of non-qualifying purchases, credit card/NETS charge slips, handwritten, duplicate or re-printed receipt(s), transactions from money changers, receipts from PARKROYAL COLLECTION Marina Bay / Mandarin Oriental / Pan Pacific Hotels, PSB Academy / JustCo event booking / CARs International, rental or membership subscription, payment of bills/fines, purchase or topping up of gift cards/cash cards/vouchers, tobacco, alcohol, parking coupons, privilege cards, payment of bills/fines, instalment plans/hire purchase plans, deposits or purchases of prepaid cards/services. Marina Square reserves the right not to award SQUARES for non-participating stores and to amend the non-qualifying purchases from time to time.
- SQUARES will be credited to the Member’s account within seven (7) working days from the date of receipt submission.
- A Member may only earn SQUARES on Qualifying Purchases made by him. Members shall not be entitled to any SQUARES for Qualifying Purchases made by other persons, including other Members.
- Members may only submit receipts dated on or after the date of becoming a Member and participating in the Programme.
- All SQUARES earned are non-transferable and cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash.
- A minimum spend of S$20 per receipt is required for earning SQUARES. Members may submit up to a maximum of 5 receipts per day and may only earn a maximum of 1,000 SQUARES per day, regardless of actual amount spent or total value of the receipts scanned.
- SQUARES shall be credited at the conversion rate of S$1 = 1 SQUARE, whereby the final receipt amount (after any discount, service charge, GST or other additional amount or deduction) will be rounded down to the nearest dollar (for illustration purposes, a member with receipt of $99.90 will earn 99 SQUARES.
- Members will earn 2x SQUARES on their first qualifying receipt scanned and submitted on their birthday month, and may only earn a maximum of 2,000 SQUARES on this receipt, regardless of actual amount spent or total value of the receipt scanned. Not applicable with other bonus SQUARES promotions.
- Official store receipt submitted to earn SQUARES must clearly show the following details: i) Marina Square store name, ii) unit number, iii) final receipt amount, iv) receipt number, v) purchase date, and vi) payment mode.
- Receipts that are stamped “redeemed” or that have been successfully submitted via Marina Square app cannot be re-used and are not valid for other redemptions.
- Members may appeal via the App if they wish to dispute receipts that have been rejected by MCH. Any decision by MCH after such appeal shall be final, conclusive and binding on Members.
- MCH reserves the right not to credit SQUARES in the event that the receipt image is unclear or incomplete. Any decision on the validity of the receipt submitted is at MCH’s sole discretion, and any such decision by MCH shall be considered final, conclusive and binding on the Member.
- Members shall retain original receipts for a minimum of 7 days or until SQUARES have been fully credited to their Membership account, and produce them upon request for MCH’s reference, failing which MCH reserves the right to reject the receipt submission.
- Members shall not be entitled to any SQUARES for purchases made by other persons. MCH reserves the right to request for the original receipt for further validation.
- SQUARES earned do not have any cash value, and can only be used for the redemption of Rewards under this Programme.
- SQUARES earned in each calendar year (ie. between 1 January to 31 December) shall be utilised by 31 December of that calendar year. Members will be given a grace period ending on 31 March of the following calendar year to utilise the earned SQUARES.
- At the end of the grace period on 31 March the following calendar year, any unutilised SQUARES will automatically expire or be forfeited, regardless of whether the Member has received prior notice. Any request for extension will not be entertained.
- MCH may from time to time, amend the validity period of SQUARES earned.
- Members may check their SQUARES balance through the App or the Marina Square website at marinasquare.com.sg (the “Website”).
- SQUARES earned or redeemed are strictly for Members’ personal use and shall not be used for any commercial purpose.
- The criteria for qualifying purchases and the SQUARES earn rate for qualifying purchases shall be determined by MCH at our sole discretion and may vary between qualifying retailers.
- SQUARES may be cancelled, deleted or deducted at any time at MCH’s sole discretion.
- Any discrepancy on receipt submission / SQUARES awarded to be made within 1 month
MARINA SQUARE REWARDS: eVOUCHERS
- Members may access the Rewards tab on App to convert SQUARES to eVouchers. Only SQUARES which have been duly processed and credited by MCH can be converted to Rewards.
- The conversion rate for Marina Square eVouchers (eMSGV) is as follows, for a limited time only, as part of Marina Square Rewards launch promotion, from June 2019:
500 SQUARES = $5 eMSGV
1000 SQUARES = $10 eMSGV
5000 SQUARES = $50 eMSGV
- The conversion rate for retailer eVouchers is as stated in the Rewards tab on App.
- The list of Rewards and the number of SQUARES required for the redemption of Rewards shall be determined by MCH.
- MCH may from time to time amend the number of SQUARES required for redemption of Rewards without prior notice.
- Conversion of SQUARES to Rewards is final and cannot be reversed.
- PARKING REWARDS
- Members may register up to 3 vehicle numbers and 3 corresponding IU numbers.
- Members may only register Singapore-registered private vehicles with valid IU numbers.
- Members may access the Parking Rewards tab on App to convert SQUARES to Car Park Dollars (CP$). Only SQUARES which have been duly processed and credited by MCH can be converted to CP$ to pay parking charges incurred at the Mall.
- The conversion rate shall be 100 SQUARES = 2 CP$ (equivalent to S$2 in parking charges).
- Conversion of SQUARES to CP$ is final and cannot be reversed.
- CP$ will automatically be deducted from Member’s account to pay parking charges as the Member’s registered vehicle exits the Mall car park.
- Where CP$ are insufficient to pay the full amount of parking charges incurred, the balance will be deducted from the Vehicle’s Cashcard.
- CP$ cannot be withdrawn, replaced, extended or exchanged for cash.
- In the event that the Parking Rewards system is out-of-service, CP$ will not be deducted and applicable parking charges will be deducted solely from the Vehicle’s Cashcard. In such an event, MCH shall not be under any obligation to reimburse or indemnify any Member in respect of the parking charges deducted from the Cashcard and shall further not be liable to any Member in respect of any breakdown, malfunction or defect in the Mall’s car park system.
- SQUARES converted to CP$ in each calendar year (ie. 1 January to 31 December) will expire on 31 December of that year with no grace period. Unutilised CP$ as at 31 December of that year will automatically expire or be forfeited, regardless whether the Member has received prior notice. Any request for extension will not be entertained.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
MCH shall not be liable for any error, omission, delay or loss of SQUARES or CP$ as a result of technical malfunction, inaccuracy, unreliability, unsuitability or any error attributed to the App, Website by any of the Mall’s staff, employees, agents or service providers and / or Member not updating their mobile number and/or IU number.
MCH shall not be liable for non-performance, error, interruption or delay in the performance of its obligations under the Programme and these Terms and Conditions due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to an event or failure beyond MCH’s reasonable control.
- In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the use of the App and/or Website and Marina Square membership may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which will apply in full force and effect.
- PERSONAL DATA
- Members agree that in the course of providing the Programme and use of the App and Website, MCH and its agents, contractors and/or service providers shall have the right to collect, use and/or disclose Members’ data regarding: (i) information relating to the transactions in respect of which SQUARES are sought (for example, receipts issued by Marina Square stores as well as the information contained therein; and (ii) Members’ use of or access to the App and Website, for the purposes of: (a) providing, operating, maintaining, improving, marketing or promoting the App and Website; and (b) conducting statistical, trade or other form of analysis. Where any of the abovementioned includes personal data, Members consent to the same by their use of the App and/or Website or by participating in the Programme.
- DISCRETION OF MCH
- MCH shall have the sole discretion at any time to add to, amend or cancel the Programme without giving any reason. MCH’s decision on all matters regarding the Programme shall be final, conclusive and binding on Members.
- MCH may from time to time at its sole discretion add, remove or modify Rewards which Members may exchange SQUARES for, including the terms of such Rewards. MCH’s decision on all matters regarding Rewards shall be final, conclusive and binding on Members whether or not Members are notified.
- GENERAL TERMS
- Any person or entity who is not a party to the Programme or these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act, Chapter 53B of Singapore to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions, regardless of whether such person or entity has been identified by name, as a member of a class or as answering a particular description.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not adversely affect or impair the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions herein.
- The Programme and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and all parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.