Rewards Terms & Conditions
Download the Marina Square app today for free via App Store or Google Play.
Marina Square Rewards Terms & Conditions
MEMBERSHIP & ELIGIBILITY
- All applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of application to be a Member.
- Membership of the Programme is open to Singaporean Citizens and Singaporean Permanent Residents only.
- The applicant may apply for membership via the following ways:
- (a) the App; and
- (b) Marina Square website (“Website”).
- Each Member will be issued an account which is unique and non-transferrable.
- At the point of registration, the applicant must provide the following information: i) name, ii) email address, iii) Singapore mobile number.
- Members can choose to opt-in for communications from MCH via email and/or SMS.
- Members may indicate their preferred interest categories via their profile page.
- Members enjoy a lifetime membership for the Programme. However, MCH reserves the right to set an expiry period for the membership or cancel any membership at its sole discretion without any liability to Members.
- Members may terminate their membership at any time by informing MCH via the Rewards Feedback channel (https://www.marinasquare.com.sg/ContactUs/Feedback) or at the Customer Service Counter. Upon such termination, all the SQUARES eVouchers (eMSGV) and Car Park Dollars (CP$) accumulated by you shall be immediately forfeited without any compensation or liability whatsoever on MCH’s part.
- Members may earn SQUARES by using the App to capture and submit images of receipts within 24 hours from time of purchase of qualifying purchases from any participating Marina Square store (“Participating Retailers”).
- Only original POS system-generated receipts / printed official invoices from Participating Retailers will be accepted.
- No SQUARES will be credited in respect of non-qualifying purchases, credit card/NETS charge slips, handwritten, duplicate receipts / invoices or re-printed receipt(s), transactions from roadshows, money changers, receipts from MBP Sports - Tennis & Padel Tennis Court, CARS International, PARKROYAL COLLECTION Marina Bay, Mandarin Oriental, Singapore, Pan Pacific Singapore, PSB Academy and/or JustCo event bookings, rental or membership subscription, payment of bills/fines, purchase of tobacco, purchase and/or topping up of gift cards/cash cards/vouchers, parking coupons, privilege cards, prepaid cards/services, payment of bills/fines, instalment plans/hire purchase plans and/or deposits. MCH reserves the right not to award SQUARES for non- Participating Retailers and to amend the list of Participating Retailers and/or non-qualifying purchases from time to time.
- SQUARES will be credited to a Member’s account within seven (7) working days from the date that Member’s receipt is submitted.
- Members may only submit receipts dated on or after the date of becoming a Member.
- All SQUARES earned are non-transferable and cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash and/or any other items, in part or in full, at any time.
- A minimum spend of S$20 per receipt is required for earning SQUARES. Members may submit up to a maximum of five (5) receipts per day and may only earn a maximum of 1,000 SQUARES per day, regardless of actual amount spent or total value of the receipts scanned.
- SQUARES shall be credited at the conversion rate of S$1 = one (1) SQUARE, whereby the final receipt amount (after any discount, service charge, GST or other additional amount or deduction) will be rounded down to the nearest dollar (for illustration purposes, a member with receipt of $99.90 will earn 99 SQUARES).
- Members will earn 2x SQUARES on their first qualifying receipt on their birthday month, and may only earn a maximum of 2,000 SQUARES on this receipt, regardless of the actual amount spent or total value of the receipt scanned. This is not applicable with other bonus SQUARES promotions.
- An official store receipt submitted to earn SQUARES must clearly show the following details: i) the Participating Retailer’s name, ii) unit number, iii) final receipt amount, iv) receipt number/invoice number, v) purchase date, and vi) payment mode.
- Receipts that are stamped “redeemed” or that have been successfully submitted via the App cannot be re-used and are not valid for other redemptions.
- Members may appeal via the App if they wish to dispute receipts that have been rejected by MCH. Any decision by MCH after such appeal shall be final, conclusive and binding on Members.
- MCH reserves the right not to credit SQUARES in the event that the receipt submitted is defective, unclear, incomplete and/or does not comply with any of these Terms and Conditions. Any decision on the validity of the receipt submitted is at MCH’s sole discretion, and any such decision by MCH shall be considered final, conclusive and binding on the Member.
- Members shall retain original receipts for a minimum of seven (7) days or until SQUARES have been fully credited to their Membership account, and produce them upon request for MCH’s reference, failing which MCH reserves the right to reject the receipt submission.
- Members shall not be entitled to any SQUARES for purchases made by other persons. MCH reserves the right to request to sight the original receipt for further validation.
- SQUARES earned do not have any cash value and can only be used for the redemption of rewards under the Programme.
- SQUARES earned in each calendar year (i.e. between 1 January to 31 December) shall be utilised by 31 March of the following calendar year. Thereafter, any unutilised SQUARES will automatically expire or be forfeited, regardless of whether the Member has received prior notice. Any request for extension will not be entertained.
- MCH may from time to time, amend the validity period of SQUARES earned, and Members will be notified of such amendment via the App.
- Members may check their SQUARES balance through the App or the Website.
- SQUARES earned or redeemed are strictly for Members’ personal use and shall not be used for any commercial purpose.
- The criteria for qualifying purchases and the SQUARES earn rate for qualifying purchases shall be determined by MCH at our sole discretion and may vary between Participating Retailers.
- SQUARES may be amended, cancelled or deducted at any time at MCH’s sole discretion.
- Members must inform MCH of any discrepancy between the amount on the receipt submitted and SQUARES awarded within one month from the date of transaction on the receipt.
MARINA SQUARE REWARDS: eVOUCHERS
- Members may access the “Rewards” tab on the App to convert SQUARES to eVouchers (eMSGV). Only SQUARES which have been duly processed and credited by MCH can be converted.
- The conversion rate for eMSGV is presently as follows and may be amended at MCH’s sole discretion from time to time by updating the information stated in the “Rewards” tab:
- 500 SQUARES = $5 eMSGV
- 1000 SQUARES = $10 eMSGV
- 5000 SQUARES = $50 eMSGV
- The list of eMSGV shall be determined by MCH at its sole discretion.
- Conversion of SQUARES to eMSGV is final and cannot be reversed.
- Members may register up to three (3) vehicle numbers and three (3) corresponding IU numbers (“Registered Vehicle”).
- Members may only register Singapore-registered private vehicles with valid IU numbers.
- Members may access the “Parking Rewards” tab on the App to convert SQUARES to Car Park Dollars (CP$). Only SQUARES which have been duly processed and credited by MCH can be converted to CP$ to pay parking charges incurred at the Mall.
- The conversion rate shall be 100 SQUARES = 2 CP$ (equivalent to S$2 in parking charges) and may be amended at MCH’s sole discretion from time to time by updating the information stated in the “Parking Rewards” tab.
- Conversion of SQUARES to CP$ is final and cannot be reversed.
- CP$ will automatically be deducted from the Member’s account to pay parking charges as the Member’s Registered Vehicle exits the Mall’s car park.
- Where CP$ are insufficient to pay the full amount of parking charges incurred, the balance will be deducted from the Member’s Registered Vehicle’s Cashcard.
- CP$ cannot be withdrawn, replaced, extended or exchanged for cash.
- In the event that the “Parking Rewards” system is out-of-service, CP$ will not be deducted and applicable parking charges will be deducted solely from the Member’s Registered Vehicle’s Cashcard. In such an event, MCH shall not be under any obligation to reimburse or indemnify any Member in respect of the parking charges deducted from the Cashcard and shall further not be liable to any Member in respect of any breakdown, malfunction or defect in the Mall’s car park system.
- SQUARES converted to CP$ in each calendar year (i.e. 1 January to 31 December) will expire on 31 December of that year with no grace period. Unutilised CP$ as at 31 December of that year will automatically expire or be forfeited, regardless whether the Member has received prior notice. Any request for extension will not be entertained.
- Nothing in the App, Programme and/or Website shall be construed as granting in whatsoever manner any license or right to use any trademarks displayed in respect of the Programme without MCH’s written permission or the applicable trademark owner.
NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
- The information and materials contained in or accessed through the App, Programme and/or Website are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and subject expressly to these terms and conditions.
- No representations or warranties of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including but not limited to, warranties of title, satisfactory quality, merchantability, non-infringement of third-party intellectual property rights, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from viruses, is given in conjunction with such information and materials, or the App, Programme and/or Website in general.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, MCH and/or its related corporations does not warrant:
- (a) The truth, accuracy, timeliness, adequacy, commercial value, completeness or reasonableness of the information and materials contained in or accessed through the App, Programme and/or Website and expressly disclaims liability for any errors in, or omissions from, such information and materials;
- (b) the App, Programme and/or Website or any information and materials thereunder will be provided securely, uniterrupted or are free from errors, omissions, viruses, malicious codes, or that any identified defect will be corrected; and/or
- (c) The security of any information transmitted by or to you through the App, Programme and/or Website, and your access to and/or use of the App, Programme and/or Website is entirely at your own risk and that any information transmitted or received through the App, Programme and/or Website may be accessed by unauthorised third parties and/or disclosed by us or our officers, employees, agents or representatives to third parties purporting to be you or to be acting under your authority. You recognise that transmissions over the internet and e-mails may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission due to internet traffic or incorrect data transmission due to the public nature of the internet.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- To the extent permitted by law, MCH and/or its related corporations shall not be liable to Members or any other party for any damages, losses, expenses or costs whatsoever (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, aggravated, punitive or consequential damages, loss of profits or loss opportunity) arising directly or indirectly in connection with:
- (a) any act or omission of it, its employees, agents, service providers or contractors;
- (b) any access, use and/or inability to access or use the App, Programme and/or Website and/or any information or materials provided thereunder;
- (c) any system performance, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay or failure in operation or transmission, or computer virus or line or system failure of the App, Programme and/or Website;
- (d) any use of the services (including any goods and/or services which you may obtained in connection with the use of such services) provided under the App, Programme and/or Website, even if MCH, its representatives, agents or employees were previously advised of the possibility of such losses and/ or expenses.
- (e) any error, omission, delay or loss of SQUARES, CP$ or eMSGV as a result of technical malfunction, inaccuracy, unreliability, unsuitability or any error attributed to the App, Programme and/or Website by any of MCH’s staff, employees, agents or service providers. Any dispute arising from or relating to any goods and/or services received in connection with use of the eMSGV shall be settled between you and the participating retailer(s);
- (f) non-performance, error, interruption or delay in the performance of its obligations under the App, Programme and/or Website and these Terms and Conditions due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to an event or failure beyond MCH’s reasonable control;
- (h) your omission or failure to ensure the personal data you have provided us including mobile numbers, email addresses and/or In-Vehicle Unit (IU) numbers is updated and accurate; and/or
- (i) any other reason(s) stipulated in these Terms and Conditions.
- In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the use of the App, Programme and/or Website and Rewards Membership may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which will apply in full force and effect upon the introduction of such terms and conditions.
- You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold each of MCH and its related corporations harmless from and against any and all damages, losses, expenses, costs (including legal costs), fines or claims suffered or incurred by MCH and/or its related corporations arising directly or indirectly in connection with:
- (a) your negligent and/or reckless act or omission or any fraud, wilful default or wilful misconduct; and/or
- (b) your breach of or failure or delay in complying with the terms and conditions herein, and any applicable laws and rules.
- The list of eMSGV shall be determined by MCH at its sole discretion.
- Conversion of SQUARES to eMSGV is final and cannot be reversed.
- Members acknowledge that in the course of Members’ use of the App ,Programme and/or Website, the following data may be collected, used and/or disclosed by MCH, its representatives, agents, contractors and/or service providers:
- (a) information relating to the transactions in respect of which SQUARES are sought (for example, receipts issued by Marina Square stores as well as the information contained therein; and
- (b) Members’ use of or access to the App and/or Website, for the purposes of: (i) providing, operating, maintaining, improving, marketing or promoting the App, Programme and/or Website; and (b) conducting statistical, trade or other form of analysis.
DISCRETION OF MCH
- MCH shall have the sole discretion at any time to add to, amend or cancel any terms of the Programme, including for the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation of the entire Programme, without giving any reason and liability to Members. MCH’s decision on all matters regarding the Programme shall be final, conclusive and binding on Members, whether or not Members are notified.
Any person or entity who is not a party to the Programme or these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act, Chapter 53B of Singapore to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions, regardless of whether such person or entity has been identified by name, as a member of a class or as answering a particular description.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not adversely affect or impair the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions herein.
The Programme and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and all parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.